Friday, November 1, 2013

Finishing Up

This has been my year to work on developing my own artistic abilities again. My New Year's resolution was to spend at least 10 minutes a day drawing. That has kind of turned into spending ten minutes a day doing something creative. And it's not happened every day, but it has helped me to carve out time to be creative more often.

I started the painting below in June, but didn't finish it before our whirlwind trip to the States. In the chaos that ensued after we returned, I had to set it aside for a while. Last week, I picked it up again.

Everything was finished except the butterflies. Below, I experimented with a sort of Zentangle design, but wasn't happy with the result. 


So I painted over the Geometric designs with collage paper and paint to make a mosaic type of look. Again, I am not entirely sure that I am happy with the result, but it is finished. It's time to move onto something else!








1 comment:

  1. I like the way your project turned out, the collage element is nice! I love spending time with various creative pursuits, it is refreshing! :)

    ReplyDelete